Travel Post: Huachachina, Peru

5:30 PM

This blog is apart of my Peru travel post series. Read my previous posts about the Amazon rainforest, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Cuzco, and Lima!

Day 7 - Huachachina

We board a bus the next day at 5 am for a day trip to Huachachina. Huachachina is a desert oasis in Peru, about a 4 hour bus ride from Lima. We used Peru Hop for our day trip to go sandboarding.

This is what Huachachina looks like!
Credit: Google
What is sandboarding? Literally what it sounds like - boarding on sand!


My lovely friend Venus

Our group of friends

The sand buggy we rode it

We rode sand buggies to hills and hills of sand where we slid down on our boards. It was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I cannot describe the enrapturing beauty of never-ending sand as you're drifting down a hill. The adrenaline!

The sun is setting behind the sand dunes

My friend Glen boarding down a sand dune

Bye, Huachachina! You have been so good to us.

After a long and fulfilling day, we ride the 4 hour bus back to Lima. We ate at Larcomar, the nearby mall, and ate lomo saltado, ceviche, and lots of pisco sours!

Read next: Are you interested in traveling to Peru? Read my post on packing necessities and tips!

*We have my friend to thank for these beautiful pictures throughout the next couple of posts. A few of these pictures were taken on my GoPro, but most pictures were taken by my friend, Alex Botao Wong. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe