Review: Trader Joe's ingredients for a fancy night in!

10:00 AM


Sometimes we just want a quiet night in. No squeezing yourself into a tight outfit, no clamoring against hoards of smelly people jostling for a drink at the bar, and no terrible hangover the next day. (I am in my twenties so I still experience the night life on a regular basis.) 


Always the best way to complement a relaxing night in: a movie and some "fancy" snacks! While Trader Joe's does not have a wide selection of movies (ha), they do have some great snacks at very reasonable prices. 


This selection of meats from Trader Joe's offers three different types of meat to pair with a lovely glass (or bottle...no one's judging!) of wine. It features Salchichon Salame (smokey tasting salami), Del Duca Jamon Serrano (spanish-style ham that is dry-cured for a minimum of 7 months), and Chorizo Cantimpalo (lean and coarsely ground sausage).



Daniele Gourmet Italian Combo Pack can be found in Trader Joe's refrigerated meat section for $4.99. You can enjoy these meats on its own, or with crackers.

I especially find it delicious to pair with Trader Joe's Rosemary Italian Style Crackers.



These light, crispy crackers go well with the smokey-ness of the meats. If you're a big fan of rosemary- I know I am!-, you will love these. Break off a piece of each cracker and feast! They can be found in TJ's cracker section for $1.99.


Trader Joe's has a great selection of wine! While my favorite type of wine is cabernet sauvignon, I decided to try a malbec this time around. There is no wizardry behind my wine choices: I randomly choose a red wine between $10-$15 dollars. I'm glad I chose a winner as this particular wine went very well with the meats and crackers.
According to Wine.com, this Luigi Bosca Malbec 2012 has a "deep ruby red color, with aromas of ripe red fruit, spices and black pepper. The palate intensity is complemented by the softness and sweetness of tannins. Full-bodied and well structured."



In addition to my suggested meats, crackers, and wine, feel free to add some smoked salmon and cheese for more palatable delight!

Have you tried any wines from Trader Joe's? Let me know in the comments below which one is your favorite! (I'd love to have more to try).

-Mina



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You need cheese too. This sucks. Pick up some manchego, cabra al vino, and cabrales.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe