Review: Trader Joe's Breakfast Ideas

9:00 AM


I used to love going out for brunch on the weekends. Brunch symbolizes leisure, gluttony, and a gentle reminder that the day is still young to relish whatever weekend is remaining. There are few things more relaxing than sipping orange juice while stuffing your face with french toast.

Very few things beat a brunching experience, but I know some factors that certainly diminish some of the glow. Long waits to be seated (especially in San Francisco, where any brunch place worth its salt will warrant at least an hour wait), gouging prices (why is it $20 for an eggs benedict dish? $5 for coffee?!), and crowds can make anyone question why they set foot out the door in the first place.

Especially when there are delicious Trader Joe's items that await you instead! The ease of preparing Trader Joe's breakfast items, in addition to extremely reasonable prices, will make you forget about going out for brunch. Allow me to introduce you to some of my recent discoveries.

1. Trader Joe's Spinach Mushroom & Cheese Quiche 




I was never a big fan of quiches until I decided to try Trader Joe's. Their Spinach Mushroom & Cheese Quiche (they also have other two other flavors) is extremely easy to make and very tasty. I thought it tasted better than quiches I've had from restaurants! 

To prepare, you have the option of heating the quiche in a microwave or oven. I opted for the trusty Nu-Wave oven; I heated up the quiche for about 8 minutes.



 It came out warm and crispy on the edges. I'm not a fan of cheese, so I was very fond of the fact that there was no heavy cheese flavor. Just lots of eggs, spinach, and mushroom flavor with a hint of cheese!


Not only is this quiche delicious, but it is packed with protein - 20 grams of it! It kept me full for the entire morning and early afternoon.


Pair with some fresh fruit (I opted for strawberries) for a hearty breakfast!

Trader Joe's quiches can be found in the freezer section for between $2-$3 each.

2. Trader Joe's Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate


I also had the opportunity to try Trader Joe's Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate. Daily coffees at a cafe can really add up, so why not save some money with Trader Joe's Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate?

I enjoy my coffee with mixing in some almond milk. (The almond milk pictured above is not available for purchase at Trader Joe's, but TJ's does sell some delicious almond milk.) You can pour as much coffee as your taste buds prefer, and the coffee concentrate can be served with hot or cold milk. Or you can just drink the coffee concentrate directly - whatever floats your boat!

It can be found in the beverage section (not refrigerated) for $6.99 a bottle.

3. Trader Joe's Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon


TJ's smoked salmon is exclusively a breakfast item, but it certainly can be! I personally like to eat TJ's Pastrami Style Smoked Atlantic Salmon at anytime of the day, but wouldn't it make your day better if one of the first things that you ate was this?

TJ's really executes the smoked flavor well. This pairs well with cream cream cheese on crackers, toast, or flatbread.

At $4.99 a pack, you can't go wrong for something so filling and healthy.

What are some of your favorite breakfast items from Trader Joe's? Let me know in the comments below!

-Mina

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe