Review: Trader Joe's Beauty Products are Awesome too!

9:58 PM


While Trader Joe's groceries are delicious and affordable, you may be surprised to learn that their beauty product aisle have some pretty solid products as well! I am personally picky about the products I use on my skin, but I do really enjoy using some of TJ's lotions and facial products. Below is a wrapup of some of the products I currently have in my arsenal.





TJ's Coconut Body Butter (~$4). I cannot resist the smell of coconut, and TJ's body butter really packs that tropical smell that you get to smear all over your body. In my humble opinion, the quality in this body butter is pleasantly surprising - it leaves your skin moisturized and smelling richly of coconut.


Before my commute home after work, I like to hit the gym for an intensive workout. And what is worse than leaving your face covered with sticky sweat during a long commute? I bought TJ's Natural Facial Cleansing Pads with Tea Tree Oil ($5-$6) to wipe my face down after my work out classes. Not only do these cleansing pads smell absolutely divine (I love the smell of tea tree oil), my faee feels less oily. The only caveat is that the tea tree oil is very strong in these pads, so you may want to rinse lightly with water after use.


I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara almost daily, so I understand the importance of finding a makeup remover that really takes everything off with no residue. I recently decided to use jojoba oil ($6-$7) to remove my eye makeup. I have to say, it really works wonders! I just smidge a little jojoba oil on a cotton ball, and wipe my face away. I find it a great positive that it's a 100% natural way to take off your makeup.


After using jojoba oil as a makeup remover, I look to TJ's Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil ($5-$6) as a facial cleanser. I also love the smell of this as it's made with tea tree oil. It also contains all natural ingredients such as orange peel, lavender, and awapuhi (part of the ginger family). 

I did have a friend tell me that this particular face wash dried out her skin, so I would say that it works for some skin types and not others.


Lastly, in my wrap up I wanted to mention TJ's Lavender Hand & Body Lotion. I really love the smell of lavender as I find it very calming and relaxing. At only $5 a bottle, TJ's lavender lotion is a real steal! I use it after I get out of the shower and it really moisturizes my skin. I highly recommend trying this product out.

Are there any TJ's beauty products that I may have missed? Let me know in the comments below!

- Mina

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe