Review: Going Coco-nuts for Coconut (Pancakes) at TJ's

7:00 PM



I am a huge fan of coconut, so I was beyond thrilled when I spotted this Toasted Coconut Pancake Mix at Trader Joe's. What really sold me was the fact that all you have to do is add water to the pancake mix - no eggs, butter, or oil needed! Which makes it very easy for even the laziest of cooks - aka me. :)




Just add water!
I couldn't wait to make it for breakfast the next day.


You simply add in water and your carefully portioned pancake mix, and stir.



Put it on your stove to cook.


And voila! Coconut pancakes with bits of toasted coconut. 


I am a huge fan, as these came out crispy on the outside but filled with chewy coconut goodness on the inside. They are definitely on par with some brunch places I've been to ... actually, even better, since these pancakes are only a fraction of the cost to make on your own!


I topped mine with bananas. You can add maple syrup, but I elected to go without as the coconut pancakes are sweet enough without syrup. Instead, I added organic agave syrup which is also available at Trader Joe's.


You may be wondering what the cup is filled with on the left. It's actually coconut tea, which I bought from a vendor at Costco recently. It's REALLY good - tastes very rich and coconut-ty, and I actually brewed it with a bag of matcha green tea. This particular coconut tea is supposed to be made with coconut and coconut oil, which is very good for you.


If you can find it available at your local Costco, I highly recommend trying it! It comes in the above cannister in powdered form, and you simply mix it with hot water (or hot tea as I did). Note that it may not be available as I bought it on the last day that this particular vendor was showcasing their products at Costco.

You can find Trader Joe's Toasted Coconut mix for $3.99, and the above coconut tea at some Costcos for $10.

Are you as big of a fan of coconut as I am? Let me know in the comments below!

-Mina

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe