Review: TJ's Veggie & Flax Tortilla Chips with Corn Salsa

7:00 PM


While I strive to eat healthy on a regular basis, I cannot deny that I love my hearty junk food once in a while. I love that Trader Joe's has a wide selection of snacks with a healthier twist - so when I am eating chips and salsa, I don't feel like I'm actually eating chips and salsa!




These chips are so dang delicious. They are thick and crunchy while maintaining the right level of saltiness. They are a good source of fiber and protein as well (3g and 2 g per serving, respectfully). And at $2.49 a bag, they are a steal.

Fooducate's website even awarded these chips a "much better than average" grade.


Next up: Trader Joe's Corn & Chile Tomato-Less Salsa. When I read about this salsa in Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer, I knew I had to buy it to try it. And would fate have it, when I visited TJ's, they were serving this exact same salsa at the free sample counter.

It was so good in store that I bought a can to take home with me. 


Only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons! The salsa is sweet but with a mild kick of spiciness. It goes very well with any type of tortilla chips, not just the Veggie & Flaxseed chips.


Try it out for yourself! They can be found at your local TJ's for only $2.49.



Let me know what you think!

-Mina

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe