Season of Festivals: Coachella 2014

11:07 PM


The famous ferris wheel at Coachella
April 2014 marks my first time at Coachella.

My experience was unforgettable, and currently, I am still suffering severe withdrawals. I finally understand the hype surrounding the annual music festival! I had so much fun, from camping on-site with friends, waking up to incredibly hot (sometimes unbearable) weather, and having three whole days of languidly lying around and listening to music acts of all genres. To be honest, I was incredibly worried about using porta-potties and the public showers, but it was all very bearable - luckily, the porta potties were cleaned on a daily basis and the showers were fairly nice, all things considered.



In addition to the musical acts, you can be sure that one thing I was looking forward to was the food offerings at Coachella. But while Coachella touted itself as a cornucopia of food, I found the majority of food offered to be ordinary and overpriced. The few noteable foods that I ate were very pricey.




Stumpton Coffee Roasters
I had the iced coffee from this famous Portland coffee establishment. It was delicious iced coffee, different from your Starbucks', but at $7 a pop, I prefer Blue Bottle Coffee in San Francisco.



Salt & Straw Ice Cream
Another Portland favorite. Boy, was the sea salt ice cream with caramel ribbons delicious! I wanted 20 minutes in line and paid $7 for one scoop of ice cream in a waffle cone, but I have to say it was worth it. Surpasses Humphrey Slocombe and maybe even Bi-Rite in San Francisco, in my humble opinion.




Me So Hungry Food Truck
A food truck with a korean-cuisine twist. Boyfriend bought the Short Rib Sliders (2 for $12), and they were delicious! Definitely one of the better meals I bought at Coachella.




Some Dessert Thing at a Food Stand
I forgot what this dessert stand was called, but it doesn't matter because the Strawberry Waffle On A Stick that I got ($4) was not good. A waste of money.

Strawberry Lemonade Stand
Delicious but extremely sweet Strawberry Lemonade can be found in the Terrace inside the Coachella festival ($5). Thirst quenching if you're craving something sweet and cold.

Spicy Pie Pizza
The pizza here is expensive ($7 for a slice?!), but one of the better pizzas I have eaten.

Ruth's Chris Steak Sandwich
The meat in the steak sandwich is tender and flavorful. $13 for a nice sandwich such as this is not bad. Also, for some reason, the line was shorter for Ruth's Chris than for the other food vendors.

Prior to my attendance at Coachella, I had no idea so many retailers used "Festival Season" as a means to sell clothes! I received emails from seemingly every retailer advertising "Festival Friendly" styles - aka crop tops, maxi skirts, floppy hats. I have to admit that I gave in to the crop tops and high waisted shorts. Let's face it - high wasted shorts are incredibly flattering for almost every body type! It's so cool to see trends from back in the day become popular again. (Another thing I noted was - are overalls coming back? There were quite a few at Coachella...not sure how I feel about that.)

Colorful printed dresses complement warm sunshine and company perfectly

You can never go wrong with a fanny pack filled with snacks :)
Graphic tank tops (especially Coachella merchandise) = perfect for any festival!

Did you go to Coachella, or are you looking forward to any music festivals? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe