Review: Trader Joe's Chicken Marsala with Mashed Potatoes

6:00 PM

I know I should learn how to cook. I know that it's cheaper to make meals out of scratch. 

But if I always cooked food from scratch, I would never know all the delicious meals Trader Joe's has to offer. And this blog would not exist!

(As a sidenote, I personally like Trader Joe's pre-cooked meals better than meal delivery services like Munchery, SpoonRocket, etc. I think the quality is better, and the serving is much bigger for a lower cost.)

With that said, I have fallen in like with another one of Trader Joe's refrigerated meals: TJ's Chicken Marsala with Mashed Potatoes.


This meal is big enough for two people to share. At $6.29, that is just a little over $3 a person for a filling dinner! Very reasonable in my book.


One caveat is that this particular meal is not the healthiest. But after a long day at work and an intense workout, this Chicken Marsala was just the thing I needed.

"A classic Italian-American dish. Trader Joe's Chicken Marsala replicates a restaurant experience at a fraction of the price. Lightly floured chicken breast is sauteed with mushrooms, cream, butter, shallots and marsala wine, then paired with creamy mashed potatoes. It's fully cooked and heats in the microwave in less than three minutes. Who needs a restaurant when dining in tastes this good?"
I'd have to agree with the description. To me, it tasted similar to what a mid-level restaurant might offer on the menu.


My lovely boyfriend made brussels sprouts to accompany the chicken and mashed potatoes - muy bien! 

To make the brussels sprouts, he tossed them in olive oil and a generous heaping of garlic salt. Then toast in the Nu-Wave oven for 20 minutes - voila, crispy, "healthy" goodness!



The chicken was plump and juicy. It did not taste like it came out of a box at all! I scooped every bit of sauce into my mouth.



I highly, highly recommend Trader Joe's Chicken Marsala with Mashed Potatoes! It can be found at your local Trader Joe's, in the refrigerated aisle for $6.29. 

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This was better than expected--chicken firm, but not tough or rubbery. Gravy had good flavor and consistency. But the microwave instructions were way off on the time--box say 2-3 minutes and let stand 1 minute. More like 7 minutes at least, still frozen after 3 in a full power unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you also liked it! I agree that the microwave instructions can be way off on the time.

      Delete
    2. It's because the instructions are from fridge temp not frozen. These don't come frozen at the store. But I do put them in my freezer because they last longer

      Delete
  2. They changed it!!! 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s not good anymore & it was my favorite! I hate it when they do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo, why do they fix something that isn't broken :(

      Delete
  4. I Had It a few times The Sauce and Chicken Was Great Thwe Mashed Potatoes Watery Grainy Like Sand..So I Tried something Different I Froze The Chicken Marsala in a Day I Tokk OutOf Freezer Put in Refer To Slightly Defrost Threw Out That Mashed Potatoes and Heated Of a Small Portion Of Trader Joes Frozen Mashed Potatoes. The Marsala Sauce Thick Not Watery Chicken Still Great Now It Looks Like The Picture on The Box

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe