Review: Trader Joe's Portobello Mushroom Fries

6:00 PM

When I got back from my Hawaii trip, you can bet that one of the first things upon my return was visit my local Trader Joe's to restock my fridge.

These Trader Joe's Portobello Mushroom Fries caught my eye. As I've mentioned before, I am a huge mushroom and truffle fan; needless to say, I am inclined to try every TJ's product labeled "mushroom"!



These fries are extremely easy to make. I pop it in the Nu-Wave oven for 12 minutes total (6 minutes and then I flip it over for the remaining 6). Voila! The fries come out crispy, filled to the brim with juicy mushroom flavor.


"These Portobello Fries are made from mushrooms which are battered, cooked, and frozen within hours of being harvested to result in a fresh mushroomy bite! Bake until crisp and serve fries on their own as appetizer or with a ranch, blue cheese, or aioli dip."







I definitely think that these would have been even better with some garlic aoili or ranch (per the package).


These TJ's Portobello Mushroom Fries are a must try for every mushroom fan! You can find them in the frozen section for $3.99/pack.

-Mina

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi Mina, Agree with your review on Trader Joe's portobello mushroom fries. Really healthy and really good. Wrote a brief review on them too. Your readers might like:
    http://whatawolfeats.blogspot.com/2015/08/what-wolf-eats.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mina, I also gave you a well deserved plug for your good work and important thoughts:
    http://mushroomfries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe