A Fitness Fail Story

4:21 PM



If you know me, then you know I am an avid (read: obsessive, slightly crazy) fitness and gym lover. There is never a day where I opt not to go to the gym because I am tired or lazy. Even on a Friday post-work afternoon, I will be huffing and puffing my way through my 3rd set of burpees at gym class. I guess I'm just one of those people who get endorphins and adrenaline rushes after a good workout!

I recently forced myself to take at least one per week as a rest day though, because I found that intense cardio 7 days a week was really burning me out. When I started to work out intensely on the weekends, I found that by the coming week, it took extra motivation to force myself to the gym.



I currently hit the gym (Crunch Gym, whatdup), but I used to go on daily runs and workout at home. I recall once I was happily traipsing along the sidewalk to a song on my iPhone. I was about to run past an elderly couple when I absolutely ate it. Meaning, my foot hit a jutting piece of the sidewalk and I fell. Hard.

My brain was only registering that I had injured myself when the elderly couple rushed over. "Are you okay?!" They said, shocked they had witnessed such a fall.

I gingerly got up on my feet. I had a wound on my knee, but ignored the stabbing pains. "I'm okay!" I assured them, my voice a decibel higher than it normally was.

"Are you sure?" They asked doubtfully.

"Yes! I'm sure! Thank you for your concern!" I beamed back at them. I jogged away -but slowly- to show them, even though my leg was hurting from the cut. "Thank you again!" I waved as I half-walked, half-jogged away.

I later examined my iPhone and to my great despair, there was now a crack on the screen. I am slightly ashamed to say I was more concerned about my iPhone than the cut on my leg. After all, wounds heal, right?

Do you have a fitness fail story to share? Let me know in the comments below!

- Mina

This post was inspired by ETBFit! Check out their website to learn more about their products. ETB Fit is a sports nutrition-based lifestyle business, providing clean and lean supplements to support pure achievement.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe