Review: Senreve Alumna Backpack

10:48 PM

I've always been intrigued by the brand Senreve. I assume they do a good job with their targeted advertising, since images of their bags always populate my social media feed. When I saw that their newest product was a convertible backpack, I had to purchase one. I have been in the market for a purse that could convert from crossbody to a backpack, as I'm sure they would make great travel bags.

I ordered the Alumna bag in the color "chestnut", as my collection was missing a brown color. I ordered the larger size, but they do have a smaller size too, called the Mini Alumna. I had to pre-order the bag as it was not in stock when I placed the order at the time. It came a month or so later, and in the nicest packaging.

All of Senreve's bags come in a nice dust bag

First Impressions

I think this bag is so beautiful, The brown is such a lovely warm, deep brown that will match well with anything. The leather smells so divine and I am very impressed with the quality of the bag. Senreve's pebbled leather is supposed to be water and stain resistant, and the interior of the bag is lined with a soft suede-like material. 

At a full retail price of $645, this bag is by no means cheap, but I find that Senreve has a good amount of promotions. I myself purchased this bag with 20% off, no tax, and free gifts with purchase so it netted out to about $516. I also received 10% cash back through a site like Mr. Rebates

If you are familiar with Senreve bags, they have a zip top closure and then a flap with a magnetic closure. This bag is very secure, and it would be difficult for a pickpocket to open the bag. 

It is easy to adjust the bag from a crossbody bag to a backpack - the two straps just have to go through two hoops on the top of the bag. 

What fits inside

I really wanted to use this bag as a travel bag, so I checked to see what would fit inside the bag. Below is what I was able to fit inside the bag:

  • Sunglasses with soft case
  • Small compact wallet
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Small cosmetics pouch
  • Small lotion
Unfortunately this is a lot less than what I typically bring with me while traveling. In addition to the above, when traveling, I would also need a portable charger for my phone, some wet wipes, as well as my passports. These additional items would not fit inside the bag.

Here is a glimpse of how the above items fit in the Alumna. 




With only the above items, there was not a lot of room to fit anything else. The bag is somewhat narrow, so it is hard to get items in and out of. 

While the bag itself is quite lovely, I ultimately decided to not keep it since it barely fit my daily essentials. However, if you carry less than me and are on the hunt for a quality convertible crossbody to backpack, I would recommend the Senreve Alumna. In addition to producing beautiful products, Senreve has exceptional customer service and stand behind their products. If there is ever a problem with your purchase, their customer service team will make it right. Even though this purchase did not work out for me, I would consider purchasing Senreve in the future.

In the meantime, if you have any recommendations for convertible backpacks, feel free to share them below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe